What to Do When You Are Involved in an Accident



  • Report any incident in writing or verbally as soon as possible to the Integrated Claims Unit of ABDA Insurance by phone (021-45851018) or SMS (087782828121) or go to the nearest ABDA branch office at the latest 5 x 24 hours since the occurrence of the loss and/or damage.
  • Fill a claims form provided by ABDA and complete with the supporting documents required to submit the claim and send them to the Integrated Claims Unit by email to
  • Report and obtain a reference letter from the police department for the claim in which a criminal action has occurred, such as theft or vandalism as well as an accident involving any third party (should there is claim by another party).

Claim Supporting Documents – Motor Vehicle Claims

DocumentsPartial AccidentPartial LossTotal LossStolenThird Party Liability
Claim Card / Ins. Policy
Completed Claim Form
Original Registration Letter
Copy of Registration Letter
Copy of Driving License
Police ReportIf NecessaryIf Necessary
Kaditserse Letter from Police
Blockage letter from Police
Original Invoice
Subrogation letter
Copy of ID
Original BPKB
(ownership certificate)
Three Blank Signed Invoice
Ignition Key and its spare
Claim Letter from
Third Party
Copy of STNK of
Third Party
Copy of Driving License
of Third Party
KIR Certificate for
Cargo Vehicle
Estimation (If Using Non Appointed Workshop)
Copy of ID of InsuredIf NecessaryIf Necessary

Tips for Flood Insurance Claim

Tips for Flooded Vehicles

        1. Do not switch on the engine after the vehicle has been submerged in order to prevent more damage to the engine system, for instance, water hammer (water flowing into the carburetor) that makes the piston handlebar broken. This could invalidate the insurance claim, because the fault is on the driver’s side.
        2. Immediately switch off the engine of your car and motorcycle when the incident(flood) happens. We will tow the vehicle with a towing car to our partner auto repair shop. ABDA Insurance provides evacuation service with car carrier and towing car for Jabodetabek Area.
        3. Do not force the car or motorcycle through the flood or try to switch on the engine after the car has been submerged by water, even though the water has dried. We will not pay any compensation if the damage becomes worse due to owner’s or the unsured party’s action.
        4. Make sure that your vehicle insurance policy also covers damages caused by flooding.
        5. Submit the claim for your car or motorcycle as soon as possible.

Tips for Property Insurance Claim

      1. Report and submit the claim for your house, store, or warehouse as soon as possible to the Integrated Claim Unit of ABDA Insurance by phone 201-45851018 or SMS 0877-8282-8121 or email to or go to the nearest ABDA branch office.
      2. Take some possible action to reduce the loss, such as moving undamaged items to a safer location.
      3. If possible, make a documentation about the damage, such as a photograph of the damaged items (you can use your mobile phone or digital camera).
      4. Make sure that your insurance policy covers the damage caused by flooding.